Manage my business Banking Dashboard
Banking Dashboard: Equip your front-office with the best solution to identify investment opportunities, most profitable products and added-value market segments.
WHY WORKING WITH LINTAO FOR YOUR BANKING DASHBOARD
- Pre-built dashboard for Front-Office
- LinPack for Tableau: online service to generate stunning Tableau dashboards
- LinPack for Qlik: Ready-to-use Dashboards (100% customizable)
- Excellent understanding of Banking stakes
- Pre-defined KPIs and analytical axes for Banking dashboards
- Multiple references in designing and building Banking dashboards
- Ready-to-use data visualizations for finance dashboards
- Experienced Staff expert in dashboarding solutions
- Expertise in Data Visualization
CONTEXT & CHALLENGES
Market evolution on one hand, new technologies on the other, contribute significantly to the transformation of banking sector:
- Regulatory developments (Basel III…)
- The economic environment and the profitability requirement
- Competitive pressure by the arrival new players including pure players
- Digital as a new channel to interact with customers
- Evolution of customers’ behavior: volatility, over-information, mobility, new consumption patterns, new expectations
- Arising of counter powers (consumer associations, NGOs)
So many requirements that now make up the daily life of bankers. Banking sector becomes more dynamic, multicultural and competitive.
Essential backbones of any bank, Information Systems, IT and telecom resources must keep pace with the market, ensuring the safety of data and systems, while generating economic gains permanently.
For banks in the overall dynamics of digitizing their business and services, technological innovation is therefore a key growth driver, allowing the implementation of new customer relationship models, sales (mobile payment apps, networks social …) or organization (security, mobility, video …).
Thinking the bank of tomorrow, is about thinking today on how to leverage these levers, and the most effective and safest ways to operate them.
Main processes in banking
Running activities in Banking involves multiples processes, each of them can benefit from a dashboard:
BANKING GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
Commercial Banking: Retail (for individuals and companies) or Wholesale (for banks and governments)
Given the above, and ever fiercer competition on the banking market, it is essential to give yourself as many advantages as possible when the time comes to analyze data and make crucial decisions for the future of your company. The banking dashboard provides a powerful tool to:
Effectively manage defaulted payment risks by visualizing all risk-related data with interactive charts
Precisely identify loans that are not performing and understand why, by analyzing the various parameters according to the seriousness of the situation
Plan ahead to safeguard against exposure to risks, by analyzing loan portfolio performance levels
Segment customers by selecting one or more criteria
Reduce unexpected expenditure by identifying leakage areas
Optimize customer relations by assessing data related to credit card use
Key Performance Indicators are used to measure the realized progress towards a strategic objective.
For a Banking dashboard, here is a sample list of KPIs Lintao recommends (non exhaustive list):
AuM (Asset Under Management)
AuM per customer
AuM per Account
CAL (Assets & Liabilities)
Number of customers
Management type Changes
Net New Money / Net New cash
Wealth In / Wealth Out
Gain / Loss
Portfolio Opened / Closed
Gross Profitability (annualized)
RoA (Return on Asset)
Return on CAL
Average asset per employee
Cash dividends to net income
Adjusted operation income
Total interest income
Or your own Banking KPIs
BANKING ANALYTICAL AXES
The axes of analysis represent the elements by which you want to segment your observable information (such a KPIs) to understand the rationales behind a given performance. Also called ‘dimensions’.
For a Banking dashboard, Lintao identifies the following axes of analysis (non exhaustive list):
Portfolio Agent / Portfolio Type
Portfolio Economic Sector
Customer / Customer Type
Account Status / Type
… or your own Banking analysis axes
EXAMPLE OF A KEY DATA VISUALIZATION FOR BANKING
This is a typical way of analyzing the Return on CAL:
Find out more data visualizations in our gallery dedicated to Banking.