Data Visualization Best-Practices for Understanding Drivers
This Data Visualization is very efficient when there is a need to quickly understand what is really driving the performance of a given KPI. For a given KPI (‘Revenue’ in this example) it shows how the Revenue is spread across all the analytical axis allowing you to quickly understand the main drivers of your activity. This visualization really helps you to focus on what really matters.
Data visualization best-practices
- For each analytical axis (Product, Customer…), show the share of Revenue (or the KPI which have been selected)
- Leverage color coding so that high contribution are immediately identified
- Allow the user to dynamically select the KPI he wants to analyze (for instance moving from a Revenue analysis to a Gross Margin analysis)
- This data visualization is only applicable for additive KPIs
- A page selector allows to visualize other analytical axes