Manage my business Trading Dashboard
Buying and selling securities, commodities, goods, or services.
WHY WORKING WITH LINTAO FOR YOUR TRADING DASHBOARD
- LinPack for Tableau: online service to generate stunning Tableau dashboards
- LinPack for Qlik: Ready-to-use Dashboards (100% customizable)
- Excellent understanding of Trading stakes
- Pre-defined KPIs and analytical axes for Trading dashboards
- Multiple references in designing and building Trading dashboards
- Experienced Staff expert in dashboarding solutions
- Expertise in Data Visualization
There are two main types of trading: flow trading (most important), proprietary trading and market trading.
Buying and selling a number of financial assets on behalf of clients (asset managers, large groups etc.). This requires to find the best execution price while minimizing risk. The volume processed and the control of various risk elements are here the heart of the work of the trader
Buying and selling a number of financial assets for his own financial institution. A given amount of money is entrusted to the trader, charge him to place the capital markets to take advantage of market fluctuations. The logic here is speculative to grow at best money entrusted.
Facilitation activity. These people are responsible for giving prices on certain products and continuously. All this to allow the market to be liquid enough to avoid too dangerous movements.
CONTEXT & CHALLENGES
Several factors are deeply impacting trading activities:
- (Geo)Political uncertainties: devaluation of the yuan, crisis of migrants, evolution of the euro area…
- Reaction of international institutions such as Fed
- World-wide economical context
- Market volatility
- Rapid growth of High-frequency trading (HFT)
- Increasing regulatory rules
Main processes in trading companies
TRADING GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
Buy & Sell
Key Performance Indicators are used to measure the realized progress towards a strategic objective.
For a Trading dashboard, here is a sample list of KPIs Lintao recommends (non exhaustive list):
Average Trade Fail Volume
Average Daily Trade Volume
Same-Day Trade Settlement Rate
Trades to be settled
Trades cleared %
Gain / Loss
Short / Long %
Risk coverage ratio
Assumed interest rate return risk
Cash Collection aret
Trades matched on trade date
… or your own Trading KPIs
Trading analytical axes
The axes of analysis represent the elements by which you want to segment your observable information (such a KPIs) to understand the rationales behind a given performance. Also called ‘dimensions’.
For a Trading dashboard, Lintao identifies the following axes of analysis (non exhaustive list):
… or your own Trading analysis axes